Report an Injury
Report an injury.
As soon as you find out about an injury, follow these steps right away.
1. If it’s an emergency, call 911 or get the person to emergency care.
2. If a non-emergency injury just occurred, call our 24/7 Work Injury Line at 1.800.442.0593.
A registered nurse will speak to the injured worker to evaluate immediate medical needs.
3. Report the injury to MEM.
After getting emergency care or calling the 24/7 Work Injury Line, report the injury to MEM.
File an eClaim online. Get started. >
Fax your claim form to 1.800.442.0597.
Visit our virtual claims kit to download the state-specific First Report of Injury form.
Report the injury by phone.
Call 1.800.442.0593 if it involves any of the following:
- Hospitalization longer than 3 days OR admission to ICU
- Burns requiring admission to a burn unit
- Head injury
- Spinal cord injuries
- Amputation at or above a hand or foot, of three or more fingers on same hand, or of a major limb
- Significant crush injury to a major limb or body part
- Two or more fractures of limbs
- Occupational disease due to toxic substance (e.g. asbestosis, mesothelioma)