We support our policyholders in developing and implementing comprehensive safety programs – beyond the safety and risk services we provide as part of a workers compensation policy. One way we’re able to do this is through an endorsement*, an addition to an existing insurance policy. In some cases, policyholders may see certain discounts by putting safety first through participation in one or multiple third-party programs. We offer several programs through third-party service providers to make safety simpler, including:
- Post Offer Employment Testing (POET) program through WorkSTEPS;
- Telematics pilot program through StriveSafe/Cartasite;
- OraSure Technologies drug testing program.
OraSure Drug Testing Program
Some employers require drug testing prior to employment, at random or even after an incident occurs on the job as part of a Drug-Free Workplace policy. The method of drug testing can vary (Ex. hair or saliva), as well as the types of drugs being tested (Ex. opioids). Missouri Employers Mutual has partnered with OraSure to provide policyholders with on-demand post-incident drug tests at a discount.
MEM is dedicated to drug and alcohol-free workplaces and will pay up to $55 for each post-incident screening that meets established criteria:
- a customer’s policy must be in force at the time of the accident;
- a drug screen must be performed on an employee who was involved in a workplace incident;
- a trained collector must perform the drug or alcohol test within 24 hours of the incident.
OraSure provides training for policyholders which demonstrates how to administer the test and get it sent to the lab. In Missouri, any samples sent in are saved and can be tested again, per MO statute.
To get started or to purchase drug testing kits for your business, policyholders may contact OraSure directly by calling 610.419.7657. Alternately, more information on this program may be found by contacting MEM’s medical management staff at 573.499.4183.
Questions about this endorsement or affected programs can be directed to MEM’s Customer Service team at 1.800.442.0593 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Effective April 1, 2019, an endorsement for Non-Insurance Goods and/or Services will be included on all MEM and Previsor Insurance policies. The endorsement reads as follows:
From time to time, we may arrange for third-party service providers to provide discounted goods and services to our insureds for their commercial, safety and risk management needs. While we may arrange for these third-party service provider discounts, we do not warrant the merchantability, fitness, value or quality of any product or service offered or provided by these third-party service providers. Nor is there any inherent rate, premium or insurability consideration implied herein.